PSL (PREJEAN SONNIER LEBLANC) 2024 FAMILY REUNION
DATE: JULY 12 - 14, 2024 (tentative)
LOCATION: LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA (tentative)
Welcome to the PSL 2024 Family Reunion Webpage
Here you will find information about the upcoming reunion. Reunion fundraisers, host hotel, and events planned for the reunion will be posted here as they are confirmed.
I am excited and happy to be the PSL 2024 Family Reunion Host Coordinator. I look forward to working with the planning committee, seeing you and having a great time together at the 2024 Reunion.
Thank you to the individuals listed below who have volunteered to be a part of the planning committee. Several have hosted or participated in successful reunions in the past and bring a wealth of experience and expertise to help make 2024 an awesome family event.
it's not too early to start making plans, as there are many details to address in advance for a successful reunion.
You may submit your ideas and suggestions, volunteer to be a part of the planning committee or to help with our fundraising efforts by contacting me at email@example.com or use Facebook messenger to send a message to Denise Labrie. You may also use the contact us form below on this webpage or, contact any of the committee members listed below to share your input.
PSL 2024 Family Reunion Host Coordinator
Cell number: 713.560.3284
PLANNING COMMITTEE (as of 10.16.22)
DENISE LABRIE - HOST COORDINATOR
JOHN LARRY PREJEAN
YVONNE BERNADETTE CALEGON
CALIFORNIA REP: LAREE TREPAGNIER
NEVADA REP: VICTORIA LEBLANC-NORMAN
Important Links: PSL Family Reunion 2024
Must register and pay in full by June 14, 2024. See early bird registration promo details below for a chance to win 1 hotel night free stay based on a least a 2 night stay within the reunion hotel group block if registered and paid in full by Jan. 31, 2023 - Promo Expired.
MAIL-OUT WELCOME LETTER & REGISTRATION FORM - Please click here to print these docs
and provide to family members who are not online and unable complete an online registration.
2022 Mail Out Address & Email List - Please review and advise Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org of any additions or changes. To add emails for those listed on the spreadsheet please use the subscribe link above. Needs updating for our 2024 Reunion Mail Out in Dec 2022. NOTE: To save on postage costs, a mail out to home addresses will ONLY be sent to family members who
DO NOT have an email address, a Facebook messenger
or a cell phone text message digital contact.
- TENTATIVE EVENT SCHEDULE
- OPEN NOW! Fundraiser: PSL Family Reunion Zazzle Store (T Shirts, Caps, Face Mask, etc.) featuring the PSL Family Crest Click here to view items and check for current promo discount codes https://www.zazzle.com/store/pslreunion
- ONGOING Fundraiser: Football Pot Fundraisers – Look for announcements on when and how to participate in this exciting fundraiser! NOVEMBER 2023 - Check this Facebook page and join this group for the latest information on this fundraiser and the 2024 reunion https://www.facebook.com/groups/558514640849521/about/
- Hotel Registration (TBA) Rates to be available approx July 2023
- Airfare: View & Book Published Air Online
Check the Flight Only option. Airfare is available approx. 330 days prior to travel.
The reunion City Airport is Lafayette (LFT), Louisiana
- Bus/Train Transportation Information (TBA)
2024 PSL Family Reunion
The Prejean - Sonnier - LeBlanc Family Reunion
18th Bi-Annual PSL Family Reunion in Lafayette, LA July 12-14, 2024 (tentative)
The Louisiana Family is very excited to welcome you to another fun-filled reunion. We look forward to reuniting once again with our relatives from near and far over the weekend of July 12-14, 2024 (tentative) in Lafayette, Louisiana.
A block of rooms will be reserved at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette (tentative) located at 1521 West Pinhook Road Lafayette, Louisiana. Our main family event will take place on Saturday evening with a meal being served along with music and dancing.
Please submit your registration form and payment as soon as possible. This will allow us to have a preliminary headcount and the funds necessary to make adequate arrangements for our next reunion.
We only have a few months until April, 2023 to raise enough funds to pay the deposits due 1 year in advance to lock in dates and rates for the hotel, catering and entertainment.
To help defray the cost of the reunion and make it as affordable as possible for everyone, we are offering the following fundraising promotions:
• EXPIRED Early Bird Registration Raffle Promo - 1 FREE room night toward a 2 night minimum hotel booking and stay within the reunion hotel group block. The lead names for all paid in full reservations received by Jan. 31, 2023 will be included in the raffle. One lucky winner’s name will be drawn on Saturday night at the reunion. Must be present to win. Non-transferable. No cash value. Not applicable toward a future hotel stay.
- NEW!! Registration Referral Contest - Beginning March 15, 2023 the first Family Member to get 20 or more lead family members to register and pay in full by June 15, 2023 will receive a FREE Parle Creole French Book and CD ($45 value). Print and pass out the family reunion cover letter and registration form at the links above and add or enter Referred by: with your name on the registration form or refer them to this link where they can enter your name under referred by on the online registration form https://form.jotform.com/222086256298059 •ONGOING PSL Reunion Family Zazzle Store - PSL Family Crest keepsake items (not specific to the 2024 Reunion): T Shirt, Face Mask, Ball Cap, Tote Bag, Coffee Mug, Bottle Cooler, etc. featuring the PSL Family Crest are being offered in various sizes, colors and other available product types with the proceeds going toward the cost of the reunion. Zazzle frequently runs discount promos for reduced pricing. Click here to view current promos, keepsake items and purchase your PSL Family Crest keepsake items TODAY online https://www.zazzle.com/store/pslreunion - ONGOING Football Pot Fundraiser - Look for announcements on when and how to participate in this exciting fundraiser! Check this Facebook page and join this group for the latest information on this fundraiser and the 2024 reunion https://www.facebook.com/groups/558514640849521/about/ or contact LaRee Trepagnier to purchase your square(s) at 310-770-2058 or email her at: email@example.com - COMPLETED California Casino Bus Trip Fundraiser Saturday, April 1st, 2023 contact LaRee Trepagnier to sign-up or for more information at 310-770-2058 or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is due by March 18, 2023.
- Auction Online - Our First Auction Opened August 25, 2022 10 AM CDT and
Closed Sept. 25, 2022 8 PM CDT. If you own a business, know a business, or have an item of value (event tickets, gift cards, art object, jewelry, etc.) or a service (photo session, exercise class, music lesson, hair services, etc.) that you would like to donate to our auction, please click the link below.
- Vendor Tables $25 per table Family Members Only not open for the general public - Do you have a product or service to sell or promote at the reunion? Click here to reserve and pay for a vendor table by Dec 1, 2023
- Talent Competition - Do you have a talent that you would like to share for a chance to win an award: $100 1st place, $75 2nd place or $50 3rd place? Email a video or link to a video online of your talent 5 min max by Dec 1, 2023
talent to email@example.com and pay a $10 per individual entry fee or $20 per group (2 or more members) entry fee at https://form.jotform.com/230986482935167 The Reunion committee will review entries and select the top 5 acts to compete for an award during the reunion banquet - Sponsorship - if you would like to sponsor a reunion event/item and receive recognition at our reunion and in our Reunion Souvenir Book, please contact one of the Planning Committee members or make a donation at this link: https://pslfamilyreunion.betterworld.org/donate-an-item
- Reunion Bag Giveaways - If you own a business or know of a business that you can reach out to provide giveaway items (incl bags) for our reunion bags (approx. 200) to promote their business, please contact TBA
Use Password: Reunionphotos2024# provide your birth, marriage, graduation announcements and death notices (events that have occurred since our last reunion in 2022) as these events occur; they will be included in the 2024 souvenir book. Send a photograph in the above specs if available,
Use Password: Reunionphotos2024# your business card or AD to us.
PSL Family Creole Cook Book - Do you have a favorite family Creole recipe or a recipe that was handed down through the generations to share with us? Please email the recipe in a word document by Sept. 1, 2023. Include the ancestor's name and a photo of them if applicable. Scan photo at 300 dpi/ppi in jpeg or png format and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The recipe will be included in a cookbook to sell to raise funds for the reunion. PSL Family Creole Cooking Online Classes - Would you like to share how you prepare a Creole dish on an online video call? Please send a email with your name, contact info and the name of the dish that you would like to teach how to prepare to: email@example.com. If you would like to sign up to view the series of cooking classes, please pay a $20 fee to receive a code/link to join the classes online click here to pay by June 2, 2023 https://form.jotform.com/230276312855152
2024 PSL FAMILY REUNION ONLINE CREOLE COOKING CLASSES FUNDRAISER
Saturday, June 3, 1pm – 2pm
Tracy Lyman – New Orleans Oyster Patties
Saturday, June 10 (2 classes), 1pm – 2pm
Chef Raleigh-Yearby – Shrimp & Crab Stuffed Mirlitons
(A squash that has been grown in Louisiana for 200 years)
Saturday June 10, 2pm– 3pm
Chef Heir – Collard Green Dip & Soul Egg Rolls
Saturday, June 17, 1pm – 2pm
Chef Frank Williams - Jambalaya
Saturday, June 24. 1pm – 2pm
Patricia Lange – Rice Dressing (Black/Dirty Rice)
Thank you to the Chef's/Cooks for volunteering their time and talent to benefit our reunion.
We hope that you are excited about our 2024 Reunion and will make your plans now to attend. We look forward to working with you to make this a very successful reunion.
Expenses and Registrations:
MISSION STATEMENT: Reuniting to honor the memory of our ancestors, celebrate our heritage, strengthen our connections and make new memories to carry us into the future.
Subscribe below to the PSL Reunion Email distribution list to receive information about the reunion.