If you are traveling with children (minors under the age of 18 ) from a divorce or with your grandchildren (minors), you will need a Letter of Consent Notarized and signed by the legal guardians (parent(s) that the children are being allowed to travel with you to other countries like the Bahamas; Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Mexico, etc. and/ or legal papers stating that you have custody of the children/grandchildren

Traveling with minor(s) under age 18: require parent(s) permission to travel:

Minors under 18 traveling to another country with one parent, someone who is not a parent or legal guardian or without both parents 

Click below for important US Customs requirement info https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/449/~/traveling-with-children---minors-under-18-years-of-age-traveling-to-another

from https://de.usembassy.gov/visas/travel-tourism/travelers-faqs/children-traveling-with-one-parent-or-with-someone-who-is-not-a-parent-or-legal-guardian/
If a child (under the age of 18) is traveling with only one parent or with someone who is not a parent or legal guardian, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that the accompanying adult have a note from the non-traveling parent (or, in the case of a child traveling with neither parent, a note signed by both parents) stating “I acknowledge that my wife/husband/etc. is traveling out of the country with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my/our permission to do so.”
CBP suggests that this note be notarized. If there is no second parent with legal custody of the child (e..g., the second parent is deceased, one parent has sole custody, etc.), relevant paperwork such as a court decision, birth certificate naming only one parent, death certificate, etc., would be useful as well.
While CBP may not ask to see this documentation when the child enters the U.S., the U.S. is very sensitive to the possibility of child abduction and trafficking, and the child and accompanying adult could be detained if questions arise about the situation. While the U.S. does not require this documentation, many other countries do, and onward travel could be impeded without a notarized permission letter and/or other documentation. (Canada, for example, has very strict requirements in this regard).
This advice applies to U.S. citizens and non-citizens alike. More information can be found on the Customs and Border Protection website.

Click here for the parent travel permission form info (also see sample form below)

Please note: Carnival's minor traveling without parent policy
from http://www.carnival.com/

A parent travel permission form for a minor (under the age of 18) signed and notarized by the parent not traveling is required. View Carnival's minor policy here for more info https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

When traveling with a minor and both parents/legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico. 

In addition to the above requirements, all guests 16 years of age or older must provide an official photo ID.

from http://www.travel.state.gov/
Minors: Mexican law requires that any non-Mexican citizen under the age of 18 departing Mexico must carry a notarized letter giving permission from any parent or guardian not traveling with the child to or from Mexico. This permission must include the name of the parent, the name of the child, the name of anyone traveling with the child, and the notarized signature(s) of the absent parent(s). 

Travelers should contact the Mexican Embassy or the nearest Mexican consulate for if they have any questions about these requirements and recommendations.

The State Department recommends that the permission should include travel dates, destinations, airlines and a brief summary of the circumstances surrounding the travel. The child must be carrying the original letter – not a facsimile or scanned copy – as well as proof of the parent/child relationship (usually a birth certificate or court document) – and an original custody decree, if applicable. Click here https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/mexico.html

In addition to the above requirements, all guests 16 years of age or older must provide an official photo ID.

Please note: Royal Caribbean minor traveling without parent policy
from http:royalcaribbean.com
Adults who are not the parent or legal guardian of a minor traveling with them must present an original notarized letter signed by the child's parent(s), authorizing the adult to take the child on the specific cruise, supervise the child and allow emergency medical treatment to be administered.

Visit http://www.travel.state.gov/ for the latest information on traveling with minors to foreign countries by air, cruise, etc.

a sample letter is posted below 

Travel Permission Form (Sample)

This is just an example. Feel free to change this form to include the required info as needed

I am the parent of __________________________________ born on

__________________________ in __________________________

My child has my permission to travel to visit _______________________ with

___________________________ who has legal custody of my child

My child will be leaving the United States of America on or about __________________

and returning on or about ____________________

If traveling by air include airline/flight numbers: ___________________________

Signed by parent(s) _________________________________
Contact Tn:

Notary seal and info


Please note: (remove these notes below to use the above form)

· The form must be sworn and signed before a notary public
· Do not sign the completed form prior to meeting with the notary
· Bring your child’s gov. issued id, passport and/or birth certificate with you to the notary and on your travel
The Creole Poet 
An IATAN accredited travel agency 
Denise Labrie 
US Mail Address 13165 W. Lake Houston Pkwy #422 Houston, TX 77044 
Ofc 281.436.0405 Cell 713.560.3284 Fax 281-436-0406. 
Email deniselabrie@sbcglobal.net Website www.deniselabrie.com